For the past few months we have been working on an exciting new project, following feedback from one of our first Parent Support Network meetings.
Why schools resources are important to us:
Our Society is committed to:
- Delivering up to date accurate information on vitiligo
- Developing our support services, including our growing Parent Support Network
- Building a strong voice for our Society and the vitiligo community, including developing a network of ambassadors and speakers and distributing of educational resources
Our new project team and their aims:
A new project group has been bought together to help develop schools resources with the additional aims of enabling us to:
- Strengthen the support network around young people, by creating awareness about vitiligo and minimising the psychosocial effects of living with a visible difference
- Provide early awareness and intervention for young people who may not be aware that they have the condition – something that it crucial to more effective treatment of the condition
- Support in the development of coping mechanisms from a young age, building confidence in children to talk about their differences
The project group is made of a few incredible volunteers who give their time to bring this work together and develop resources that our whole community can benefit from. We want to say a huge thank you to Sylvia, Akila and Simone for their continued hard work and support.
Here is a sneak peak from what we are currently working on:
Our vision for the resource pack:
We anticipate that the final resource pack will include:
- A presentation to be used in schools
- A signposting document to other support services
- A template letter for parents to request that teachers share with other parents, educating about vitiligo and what it means
- A template letter for parents to share with teachers educating about vitiligo and what it means to their child. Taking into account any additional considerations or support their child might need.
We can’t wait to share this pack with our community once it’s finalised!
How to get involved in this work:
If you would like to get involved in, or make a donation toward, this work then please email us: email@example.com