Are you a change-maker? Could you lead a small progressive charity through its next stage of growth? Are you comfortable in an evolving digital landscape? Do you care about those dealing with skin conditions and the subsequent medical, emotional and social challenges?
If you answered yes to the questions above, we want to hear from you!
The Vitiligo Society is a London based charity with a global reach whose aim is to support people with the skin condition, vitiligo. Vitiligo affects 1-2% of the world’s population and not only causes visible difference but can also have a detrimental psychological effect on people’s lives.
We are a volunteer-led charity with a small group of friendly and supportive trustees seeking our first Charity Director that can take strategic ownership of charitable objectives as well as manage the daily operational work.
The Society is a progressive organisation that for the last two years has been executing on a digital-first strategy which included becoming a fully remote organisation (no office) and moving all of our IT infrastructure to the cloud. We’ve also experimented with artificial intelligence and mobile apps to find innovative ways to deliver greater impact to those living with vitiligo.
The successful candidate must be passionate about The Vitiligo Society’s cause and objectives, able to fully commit and keen to represent our charity.
- Translate the vision, mission, aims and organisational strategy into high-quality service delivery, working cultures and focused execution
- Develop fundraising channels including but not limited to online (digital marketing), events, volunteers and grants
- Increase charity memberships signups and donations
- Oversee systems and procedures for internal financial control and protection of funds in accordance with Charity Commission Guidance
- Actively lead on financial management, including formulating, monitoring and reporting on the annual budget, partnering with the charity Treasurer
- As income grows, develop hiring plan and recruit new employees
- Ensure staff and volunteers are vetted, inducted, directed, supported and supervised to enable them to carry out their duties
To be a progressive organisation, leveraging technology and digital where possible and ensure we are supporting all demographics, age ranges, and geographies through providing information, tools, strategies, and action to help people overcome the psychological and social impact that vitiligo has on their lives and support finding effective treatments and ultimately, a cure.
To beat vitiligo by eradicating the psychological, social and physical effects on people’s lives and by finding effective treatments and a cure.
Our Charitable objectives
- To relieve the distress and suffering of persons who have vitiligo
- To promote research into the cause of vitiligo and the most effective means of treating this condition
- To disseminate the results of such research for the benefit of the public
- To advance public education about vitiligo
- To foster a global vitiligo community and support network
You should apply if you:
- are dedicated to making change and are purpose-driven
- thrive in an autonomous role
- love using metrics to quantify impact and decision making
- are committed to continuous improvement
- are willing to move out of your comfort zone
Salary £30-45k pro rata based on experience
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.