Following the success of our first School Support Pack, which has been downloaded over 200 times, we are delighted to announce that we have added a new presentation to the pack.
New for October 2023 this addition to our School resources has been written with teenagers in mind, featuring general information about the condition as well as showcasing inspirational famous figures who have thrived whilst living with vitiligo.
Our School Support Pack provides information and guidance to help schools give the best possible support to children living with vitiligo, including:
- Guidance for Teachers – helping teachers understand how to support a child with vitiligo
- ‘About Vitiligo’ Schools Presentation (ages 4-12) – helping explain to young people what vitiligo is
- ‘About Vitiligo’ Schools Presentation (ages 12-18) – new!
- Vitiligo Reading List – lots of stories and useful books for all ages
- An email Welcome Series, helping to signpost subscribers to articles, information and services aimed at supporting parents of children with vitiligo.
The pack is available to download for free from our website (link below).
Our new ‘About Vitiligo’ Schools Presentation (ages 12-18) includes imagery and role models aimed at supporting and inspiring teenagers to understand vitiligo and its effects.
The School Support Pack is a tool kit and resource for parents to share with their child’s school. It provides information and guidance to help schools support a child with a visible difference such as vitiligo, and to raise awareness of the condition amongst other parents and pupils.
We want to say a huge thank you to all the parents, teachers and especially Sylvia Prince Designs for giving their time to support this project. We always welcome your feedback! Please get in contact to let us know if the pack is helpful, or if there are any other educational resources you need.